Turkish Rest Room
"Every year we are a step closer to the full restoration of Victoria Baths"
Gill Wright, project manager, Victoria Baths Trust
Our vision is to establish Victoria Baths as a vibrant international heritage visitor attraction which celebrates the nation’s swimming history in an inspirational setting for events and contemporary arts; promoting health and well-being by restoring the well-loved architectural gem so the public may again experience the Turkish Baths and swim in an historic pool.
You can download our full Vision statement below which also spells out the values which we apply to our project:
- We will re-establish facilities to enhance fitness, health and general well-being
· We will preserve the original fabric of the building enhanced with the best of modern technology
· We will strive for the highest quality of service and public satisfaction
· We aim for financial sustainability and will explore not-for-profit, co-operative models of operation
· We will ensure that Victoria Baths continues to benefit local and wider communities
· We will work with partners, Friends, volunteers and staff to realise this vision
See Our Story for the major work we have completed since 2002.
Our Strategy is to restore Victoria Baths in phases. Our Strategy for Restoration and summary of our plans for Phase 2 can be downloaded below.
Images here show more recent work, restoring our stained glass windows.