Turkish Rest Room
"Every year we are a step closer to the full restoration of Victoria Baths"
Gill Wright, Project Development Manager, Victoria Baths Trust
Victoria Baths Today
Victoria Baths has been partially restored, thanks to £5m in total which has been raised from a number of sources, by far the biggest being a grant from Heritage Lottery Fund which came to Victoria Baths as a result of us winning BBC's Restoration programme in 2003.
The building operates as a heritage visitor attraction and events venue with approaching 40,000 visitors each year. But this is just the start of our restoration journey. Our vision is to fully restore the building, bringing public leisure facilties back into use.Our long-term aim is to have public swimming at Victoria Baths. Today we can just do this on one-off occasions.
Download our latest Newsletter here
Our Vision for Victoria Baths
Our vision is to establish Victoria Baths as a vibrant international heritage visitor attraction which celebrates the nation’s swimming history in an inspirational setting for events and contemporary arts; promoting health and well-being by restoring the well-loved architectural gem so the public may again experience the Turkish Baths and swim in an historic pool.
- We will re-establish facilities to enhance fitness, health and general well-being
- We will preserve the original fabric of the building enhanced with the best of modern technology
- We will strive for the highest quality of service and public satisfaction
- We aim for financial sustainability and will explore not-for-profit, co-operative models of operation
- We will ensure that Victoria Baths continues to benefit local and wider communities
- We will work with partners, Friends, volunteers and staff to realise this vision
See Our Story for the major work we have completed since 2002.
Our Strategy is to restore Victoria Baths in phases.
Images here show more recent work, restoring our stained glass windows.