Swim and Supperclub
9 Sep 2022 18:00 -22:30
It's a Friday night in September and the evening sunlight is streaming through the stained glass windows into the Gala Pool at Manchester's stunning Victoria Baths. The perfect setting for a summer's evening of swimming, followed by drinking, eating and making merry with friends and family.
- A unique opportunity to swim in one of Britain's most beautiful heritage swimming pools – only the fourth public swim since 1993
- The Sri Lankan Experience delicious three-course meal
- Plant-based and gluten-free food, using locally-sourced and seasonal produce
- Informal, supperclub-style seating at shared tables
- Choice of two sessions for a swim and dinner
- Bar selling beers, wines and soft drinks (after each swim)
- Raffle with some super prizes
- This is event is for over 16s only please.
Tickets are strictly limited in number so please book early
All profits from ticket sales and raffle tickets will support the Gill Wright Memorial Fund, set up in 2021 to fund Victoria Baths projects relating to restoration, history, or community art.
6pm First Swim
- 6 - 7pm swimming in the Gala Pool
- 7 - 10.30pm bar open
- 7.30pm meal served
7pm Second Swim
- 7 - 8pm swimming in the Gala Pool
- 8 - 10.30pm bar open
- 8.30pm meal served
The raffle will be drawn at 9.30pm and the evening will draw to a close after the bar shuts.
Guests will be free to explore the building during the evening.
A full menu will be provided to all guests before the event. Please notify us of any food allergies or intolerences on booking.
This is a unique experience in a heritage setting. The swimming pool is not normally in use, so we don't have showers. We will provide mirrors for guests to use after their swim - feel free to bring a hair dryer and we'll provide a socket!
TICKET PRICE – £45 plus booking fee
There is no discount for non-swimmers, but guests are welcome to spectate from the balcony rather than swim.
We'd love you to join us for this very special fundraising event in one of Manchester's most beautiful heritage buildings.
Victoria Baths Trust is a registered charity no. 1026351